


Oh me, oh my! This recipe was killer! It is not for the dieter, however. I had so much fun making this recipe! Tonight I made Chicken Divan. I'd never even heard of it before, but decided to make it because the picture in the cookbook looked so blasted delicious!
I invited my parents over for dinner. They have helped us SO much lately! They have made us countless dinners, helped babysit so that I could finish school, and my mom has come over several times to help me clean and get caught up with laundry. Having a baby has been a little bit of an adjustment. I wanted to do soto say "Thanks", so I had them over for dinner. We had lots of fun. We ate the chicken divan and then I made my mom's apple crisp for dessert.
So here's what I did tonight:
Chicken Divan is so amazing! It's kind of like a broccoli chicken casserole, but freakin' amazing. This casserole knocks the socks off any other casserole I've had. The broccoli and chicken are doused in an amazing hollandaise sauce that has cream, shallots, romano cmething nice heese, sherry and lemon. I literally wanted to lick the sauce off my plate. This is definitely a recipe I'll make again.
What I learned: I learned how to "tempur" a sauce. Tempering is the technique used when using eggs in a sauce. You basically take some of the sauce to warm up the temperature of the egg mixture before putting it into the whole sauce mixture. If you put it in straight, you'd get scrambled eggs.
What I'd change: Honestly, not a dang thing.I just wish I would have made a double-batch. The chicken was SO moist and juicy. And the sauce, oh the sauce, to die for. Seriously you gotta try this recipe.
Bountiful Basket ingredient: broccoli
Here's the pics:

Assembling



I'm using America's Test Kitchen: Best of 2008 cookbook. The chicken Divan recipe is on pg 204. So far it has been an AMAZING cookbook. I love that they perfect different techniques and ingredients. It's basically fool-proof. If you want a copy, you can visit the website here. I love the show too.
Thanks for following adventure Day 2! Day 3 to come soon. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. Who knows. Stay tuned. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment